Sunday, April 14, 2013

Amazingness Day

 I'm entering super crazy exam study mode, so my blog posts are probably going to be a little more random and spread out over the next couple weeks, than they usually are.

 I woke up this morning at 7am (yes, on a Sunday) and was pleasantly surprised by the sunshine, blue sky and birds singing. There is something about mornings like this that make me so happy and more productive. I feel like I've been sunshine-deprived for way too long. 

 I have a postcard in my room from Moksha Yoga that says:
And it's mornings like this that I think it could be possible. My definition of "amazing" varies though. Sometimes I just want to be amazing for myself:

1) Eat an breakfast made with love and gratitude (thank you for the sunshine!)
2) Make something new and incredible in the kitchen
3) Wear something that makes me happy (like leg warmers... I'm an 80's baby through and through)
4) Find brand new music that I can become obsessed over (L-la, if you're reading this, I can't get that Amanda Palmer song out of my head!)
5) Push myself harder in a workout and sweat like crazy
6) Drink the perfect cup of coffee
7) Be productive with studying and leisure reading.
8) Be nice to a stranger (I actually confronted the dog lady last night. She was super sweet and I swear she hit the mute button on that little rat dog. I was pretty impressed! No need for the chocolate yet!)
9) Get/give hugs
10) Be as happy as the weather out there. 

11) Read PostSecret! (Sunday secrets!)

 I swear, sunshine is an anti-depressant. 

Well my fox friends, wherever you are be amazing today. It's Sunday and the sun is shining. 
The quote below is a bonus. I love Paulo Coelho and found this posted on facebook. Thought I'd share it as part of my amazingness day.  

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter."

~~Paulo Coelho (Veronika Decides to Die)