Friday, March 29, 2013

"You can't have nazi's at a bridal shower!"

My little sister is getting married, and I get to be her maid of honor (MOH). But with that comes a lot of responsibility. Thankfully my sister is a realist and not a bridezilla, so the whole process is relatively easy, except I still need to plan the shower.

There is something about wedding and baby showers that gets under my skin. Don't get me wrong, I love parties, but a shower is different. It's like a party that you're forced to go to. And you have to bring a present... meaning you HAVE to spend money.

You also have to mingle with many people from different social circles and you're thrown together, again, much like survivor.

I think the wost part is having to open presents in front of everyone... or being the person having to watch someone else open presents for 2 hours. Who decided that we had to do it that way?? Is it a social etiquette thing? Who actually likes having twenty pairs of eyes on them while they open presents?

My current challenge is the games. So many games are overdone and kind of lame, so I'm trying to put together a theme-inspired quest, to keep guests from getting bored. I asked my sister if we could play Hunger Games, but she was opposed to that. I don't think she got the concept that we wouldn't ACTUALLY be killing anyone.

My sister's first suggestion was:  "Bomb Girls! Fighting the nazi's!" and my immediate reaction to her was "You can't have nazi's at a bridal shower!"

So her second suggestion was a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed shower, since she's a huge Audrey Hepburn fan, so that's what it's going to be... except, I might be changing the concept just a little bit. I mean, it is possible that Voldemort was around in the greater times of Audrey's career, right?

If anyone has an amazing idea for a shower game, please feel free to post it either on my facebook or on the comment section below. Until then, I'm going to allow my creativity to take over... no matter how ridiculous.