Saturday, May 4, 2013

A new adventure ...

Exams are done. My sister is married. And now there's only one thing left on my to-do list: Relax.

It's been a while. Relax and I have a very complicated relationship. We love each other but the timing is never right. We've had some good times. Relax is the whole reason my cortisol becomes regulated and it knows it. It nags me to give it more attention. Unfortunately, there's always something that comes between us: Stress.

Stress has a way of creeping up on you. It's sneaky like an alley cat. And by the time you realize that it's affecting you, it has already clawed through most of your organs and wants to turn your brain into jello. LIKE A ZOMBIE!

Well my fox friends, my brain is jello (thanks to 11 exams in 2 weeks) and I need to rekindle my lost love with Relax.

I'll be taking my blog "on the road" for a mini vacation before clinic begins and I plan on taking in lots of sunshine and sand and ocean swimming - like Coral! - but not really because she ends up dying before Nemo is born... sorry, spoiler alert.

And on the sunshine note, I will be taking it in but also blocking most of it out with an SPF 30 because I already burnt my shoulders and that was just from standing outside taking pictures at my sister's wedding... for like 20 minutes. I don't know what happened, but I don't think it's fair to be burnt before even leaving Canada.

Seriously... what's up with that?

Anyway, it's late, I'm tired, but I had to explain my lack of blogging. Hopefully the sunshine and heat will bring out more of my creativity and wisdomosity and I will have a few "Top 10" lists out this coming week.